For the administrative professional, “efficient” is more than a buzzword that looks nice on a resume; it’s a way of life. It’s crucial that you are able to move from one task to the next as quickly as possible, while still maintaining the exemplary attention to detail that your executive expects from you.
At heart, efficiency is all about finding a simpler, easier way to do things without sacrificing quality. And with so many artificial intelligence (AI) tools at your disposal, it’s easier than ever – if you know how to leverage them for your specific job duties.
There are numerous ways admins can (and should) be using AI in their jobs, including:
- Providing support when you’re away from your desk or the office. With a simple link in your email auto signature, you can encourage people to launch your AI assistant and ask their questions – whether you’re at your desk or not.
- Create easy access to company policies and procedures. Many of the repetitive questions you’re asked over the course of a week are related to procedural things. You can upload documented procedures to your AI assistant so it can handle the repetitive routine requests – freeing you up to focus on more important tasks.
- Reduction in interruptions. When your AI assistant becomes part of the team, colleagues know they can start there first. When implemented correctly, this helps reduce the number of interruptions you incur throughout out the day.
- New hire onboarding. Have you ever started a new job and struggled to figure out the company acronyms? Or wondered how to submit your timesheet? An AI assistant can help new hires get up to speed and keep them connected to the company resources they need!
- Announcements and company events. Everyone knows the annual appreciation event is set for June, but what’s this year’s theme? Can you bring a significant other? What’s the dress code? Programming your AI assistant with all of the details makes it more interactive and user friendly than having to click through multiple pages of the intranet site or reading a long email.
This is just the tip of the iceberg. As more AI tools are developed and get smarter with use, there will be dozens of ways these tools can be used to make you more efficient.
Which AI Assistant is Right for You?
There are lots of AI assistants on the market today, but not all of them are the same. These resources can help you “interview” several different assistants so you can find the one that’s right for you.
AI Assistants You May Have Heard Of:
AI Assistants You Should Research:
Albert “learns” from a word doc that can be updated as needed. I used the Albert AI tool to create Olivia, the All Things Admin virtual assistant.
- Albert Demo Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSJwKUzVQgc
- Here are some examples and links to templates for getting started: http://www.albertai.com/assistants.html
Jane.ai can connect within your online ecosystem, and serve as a virtual HR hub both internally and externally – answering questions such as, “Are you hiring?” or “How many vacation days do I have?”
- Watch the demo video: https://jane.ai/
These “smart” scheduling assistants can make it simpler for you to manage your calendar and connect with the people who matter – without all the back and forth common with manual scheduling.
Work Smarter, Not Harder
Artificial intelligence is here to stay, and The Innovative Admin needs to implement it in order to stay relevant in the 21st century. Technology exists to make you more efficient – are you ready to embrace it?
from All Things Admin https://ift.tt/2IBoWxc